Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I Shall Return to Finish What I Have Started

This last November, I participated in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). The goal is 50,000 words in 30 days. Well, I sadly fell very short of my goal and have been fairly unmotivated to write since the end of NaNoWriMo. This is particularly troublesome since this is what I want to do with my life. If I want to make it as a writer, I can’t let my work sit lost in some dark recess of my hard drive waiting for its creator to return. Like Edward Scissor Hands, my novel is not finished. It is a mass of jumbled, barely legible words; an incomplete thought. I do not want to leave it to fend for itself in a cruel world without a purpose, without an identity, without hands (metaphorically speaking). So one of my goals in 2011 is to finish my novel. I may even be so bold as to set a goal to have my first draft finished by March. Let the writing begin.

2 comments:

  1. First of all - yay for your return to the Blog-o-sphere!:D

    But mainly, I think your goal is excellent. I look forward to seeing the story progress. Are you planning to work on the fantasy one, or the other?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fantasy one because that is the one I'm furthest with and I'm most interested in. :-)

    ReplyDelete