Thursday, April 7, 2011

Tea with the Mad Hatter

So, I'm kind of having fun writing poetry. I love Alice in Wonderland, so I thought it would be fun to write a poem about the Mad Hatter. It still needs some work but here is it anyway.


Tea with the Mad Hatter


If I were to have tea with the Mad Hatter

What fun it would be, with riddles

And nonsense and crumpets and tea.


A chat with the March Hare, how confusing!

He’s quite off his rocker, that is if he had one

Which I honestly doubt, so he’s the sanest around.


The Hatter, you see, is crazy as they come,

But what if they’re going? I think you’ll agree

The Hatter is just as sane as you and me.


Of course, they say I’m not all there, but

If I’m not all there, then I must be all here.

And isn’t here the best place to be?


If you say what you mean, do you

Mean what you say? Have I taken leave of

My senses, or have they taken leave of me?


I’ll ponder the riddle until my brain is quite sore.

Ravens and writing desks, the answer is there,

To those with madness like the Hatter and Hare.


“Time has been killed” the queen proclaimed

So it’s “Teatime forever” the Hatter exclaims

Three spots to the left and it all starts again.


So if you’ve gone bonkers, join us please.

Sit back and enjoy a nice cup of tea with

The Hatter, the Hare, the Dormouse and me.


1 comment: